UPDATE 23rd September - 10.00am COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Following yesterdays announcement from the Prime Minister, it is important that we update all our members as to what this means for us.
From the 24th of September, the government have stated that ADULT organised indoor sports must adhere to the rule of 6.
Organised indoor sport or indoor exercise classes can take place in larger numbers, provided groups of more than 6 do not mix (ie are socially distanced at all times). Organised indoor team sports for disabled people can take place in any number.
Supervised sporting activity (indoors or outdoors) for under-18s is exempt from the rule of 6 providing we have social distancing in place which we do. So we will continue to train as we have been following these rules that we have put in place to protect our athletes, coaches and our club.
* Turning up in training kit as use of changing rooms will be prohibited.
* Arriving ON TIME to lesson
* Waiting outside socially distanced from anyone not in your household bubble until your coach calls you in (one at a time).
* Parents not entering the building to reduce risk.
* Entering the building one at a time when you are told to, washing and sanitising your hands as you do.
* Remaining in your socially distanced allocated space to train in during class (taking your belongings with you to your space where possible).
* We will only allow toilet breaks one athlete at a time.
* Lessons will finish 10 minutes early to allow the class to wash hands and exit before the next class arrives.
* Exiting the building at the end of the lesson one at a time, washing or sanitising your hands as you leave.
* All equipment being disinfected after each class.
* Not attending class if you feel unwell.
* Isolating for 14 days if you come into contact with anyone who has Coronavirus or until you get a negative test result.
As we are currently not stunting and are maintaining a 2m distance between everyone in the class we have removed the 'team' sport element of cheerleading so it is classed as an indoor exercise class. We will continue to work this way until further notice.
For teams that have over 18s on (Cougars and Leopards), these athletes will also continue to train. We luckily dont have over 6 people on any of the teams over 18 anyway but based on the above information even if we did, as long as we maintain social distancing within the class then we are fine to continue under the current rules.
We will continue to follow and monitor further updates and will keep you posted.
For further information on the governments latest rules and guidelines please view via the below link
Thank you for your cooperation!