Update 23rd October 2.30pm
It is with great pleasure that I can finally announce a bit of good news!! (God knows how much we need to hear something good!)
Excitingly the Cheerleading Return to Play document from SportCheer England was approved by the UK Government Department responsible for Sport on Thursday the 22nd October.
This is great news for our cheer and dance community and means that some athletes can at last return to stunting, which is at the very core of our sport.
HOW DO LOCAL COVID ALERT LEVELS (TIERS) AFFECT TRAINING NOW? At local COVID alert levels medium, high and very high, there are exemptions in place for youth sport, disability sport and sport in an educational setting (includes University students), so these athletes may now train up to Level 1 on the SportCheer England RTP Road Map.
This means that all our cheerleaders under 18 can return to stunting within training sessions but we will be putting in place the following rules to ensure that we go back to this as safely as possible to make sure that the health and safety of all our athletes and coaches still comes first.
- Stunting will be capped at 15 minutes per training session (we can block counts etc and mark stunts for longer periods of time as long as social distancing is in place but actual physical contact time will be no more than 15 minutes per session)
- All participants MUST wear a face mask when stunting.
- All flyers cheer shoes will be disinfected before and after stunting
- When not stunting participants MUST still adhere to the 2m rule (face masks do not need to be worn if you are 2m or more away from other members of the team).
- Coaches to also wear masks when cheerleaders are practicing stunting so that they can spot properly.
- We will create stunt group bubbles so that athletes only come into contact with a small number of other athletes
At local COVID alert level medium (Tier 1) all Athletes aged 18 and over who are not exempt (as outlined above) may train up to Level 2 on the SportCheer England RTP Road Map.
This means that our adult team Cougars can stunt as long as they keep to stunt group bubbles of no more than 6 people, following the same rules as listed above.
At local COVID alert levels high (Tier 2) and very high (Tier 3) all Athletes aged 18 and over who are not exempt (as outlined above) may train up to Level 3 on the SportCheer England RTP Road Map. This means that any over 18s on our Senior team Leopards can stunt as long as they keep to stunt group bubbles of no more than 6 people, following the same rules as listed above. Anyone has the right to not allow their child to stunt if they dont want them coming into contact with anyone else. If you do not want to allow your child to stunt at this time could you please let me know so I can ensure all coaches are aware of your decision.